- PURPOSE & MISSION -
A career in STEM is the dream of countless students around the world. However, while science concepts are taught at school, many are not given the adequate resources to be able to fully comprehend complex scientific concepts when conducting innovative research. ScienceHolic magazine is a youth-run nonprofit that aims to introduce intricate scientific concepts in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, etc in a manner that is fun and comprehensible to all students ages 12-18. As a nonprofit organization, our major priority is to serve as a free resource for students to learn scientific topics, we strive for our teenage readers and contributors to be critical thinkers and promote thought-provoking conversations We also provide various opportunities for students around the world with English as their second language to expand their vocabulary and English abilities.
Molly Zhao & Joyce Hai
1. Produce articles that make complex science topics easy to understand for teenagers, since many scientific articles are wordy and hard to comprehend
2. We provide reliable resources for students who may not usually have them
3. Providing students around the world with English as a second language with the opportunity to learn English and scientific jargon
4. Provide various leadership and volunteer opportunities for motivated and under-resourced students
5. Promote thought-provoking conversations between teenagers from different countries